Thursday, August 25, 2011

A Hurricane and A Bin

For most of the time living on an island off the coast of North Carolina is like being on a permanent vacation. However,there are times when it isn't and hurricane season can make you aware of that fact. It appears that there is a 50/50 chance that "Irene" will pass through the area where I live. With the possibility of evacuation and power outages looming, I just wanted to let readers know that the usual weekend posts may be delayed. On a related note, as I was making preparations to possibly evacuate,I was putting things I value most into a foot and a half by three foot weather proof bin. In my continuing desire to keep this a vanity-free blog I won't go into detail what I put in,but,as for those of you who live for the run, take a moment and consider what things you might place in your bin. You may be surprised at what you decide to protect.I close with this quote which should be remembered whenever we face adversity,not surprisingly it's by Cerutty, "You only ever grow as a human being if you're outside your comfort zone."








No comments:

Post a Comment